Wimmera Wellbeing – 1 day workshop registration
POSTPONED due to Covid restrictions.
Empowering anxious kids and their parents 1-day workshop for wellbeing staff of the Wimmera
Tuesday 31st August, 2021 9.00am – 4pm New date to be advised.
Uniting building, 185 Baillie St Horsham
Proudly supported by Uniting Wimmera DET School Focused Youth Services
By registering for this event you give permission for your name and email address to be shared with School Focused Youth Services.
Morning tea and lunch provided (you’re most welcome to bring a snack for afternoon tea)
(Please include any dietary needs in the comments at checkout)
In this workshop you’ll learn: (see below)
In this workshop you’ll learn:
- The foundations of anxiety and the brain
- How to identify anxiety
- What anxiety looks like in the classroom
- Practical strategies that calm an anxious body and brain (and how they work)
- How anxiety leads to avoidance and how avoidance amplifies anxiety
- How to apply the stepladder approach to avoidance (case study: School Refusal)
- How to link families with resources and professional support
- What anxious kids need most at school and much more